Wednesday 18 December 2013

Top Five Books to Re-read

Before Christmas I like to re-read many of my favourites and these are the ones I plan to at least skim through:


Heist Society by Ally Carter

Ahhhh, I just love reading any of Ally Carter's books again and again because they remind how good books can be without dragons and sorcerers and epic romances. Kat and her band of criminals are such wonderfully real characters, they are the kind of people you could actually hope to be (Sadly we can't all be the Chosen One). Kat is clever and funny and interesting. Anyone can be all those things, without needing to acquire the power of some ancient gods. The plot tricks you into thinking it's simple when really there is a maze of background info buzzing behind closed doors. The best part is that it never becomes same-y. 

Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (spoilers)

In light of the film being released my love for this trilogy has been reignited (get it??). Catching Fire is my favourite of the three because the rebellion has started but there is still the Hunger Games which is always my favourite part. The character development between HG and CF is so amazing, you can see it especially well when she is going up in the tube into the arena for the countdown and in HG she is panicking and terrified even though she has a chance, in CF she knows she has a chance and she will use it. Oooh I'm excited.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by JK Rowling

Just like everyone else I want to read about Harry's first proper Christmas. I will be watching the film too because Hogwarts in the snow is my favourite landscape.

Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison

The Confessions of Georgia Nicolson books are easily the funniest books I have ever read. The main character is so utterly hilarious and silly and girly. Occasionally, it's nice to have someone who doesn't have the world resting on her shoulders, just the weight of getting a boyfriend. These books helped me through a sad time, if you could see the dog-eared-ness of my copies you could tell I have read them over and over and over. 


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak 

I am currently reading TBT and I have strong suspicion I shall be reading it again soon.
(BOOK REVIEW COMING SOON)


Until next time, 
-E x

No comments:

Post a Comment