Tuesday 31 December 2013

Matched by Ally Condie

I did not expect to like this book as much as I did! The beginning wasn't particularly hooking for me but after the first fifty pages I really got into it. The title fits well with the book for more than just the matching ceremony, if that was putting anyone off reading it. I gave it 3.75 stars on goodreads c:

As I've already said, I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I went into it expecting to like it but think woOW OMG KFGVNDKJVN which happened.

I knew from what I've heard on booktube that she would be paired with Xander although I assumed it would be more of a love triangle. Cassia was pretty obvious about loving Xander because they'd been friends for years and loving Ky because he was a splash of colour in a scheduled life, he popped up out of nowhere and excited her which I don't imagine to be difficult when everything planned out for you.

I liked how at the end Cassia didn't kiss Xander because she was right, he would hold onto it and forever be upset over her. I suppose it is such an awful thing to happen, considering that Xander expects the Match to be perfect, as everyone else does, it's worse because you don't choose anything, let alone your life long partner.

I hate the Society, it's so invading, Cassia in the bubble on the cover shows how truly trapper she is. There is nothing left to decide for yourself, you are completely dependant on the Society so that the people can never rise up against them, Nobody knows how to do anything except their jobs.

The 'I will not go gentle' was a lovely thing to tie everything together, her Grandfather would not comply with the rules so neither will Cassia, same with Ky and her father. They are rebellious for the good of everyone, not for themselves.


Right that;s all I think! Off to read The Darkest Minds,


-Emilia

No comments:

Post a Comment